Please read our updated visitor policy. For information about COVID-19 including symptoms, prevention and travel advice, please read our patient guide. If you have developed a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory symptoms, please schedule a Video Visit to discuss symptoms with your provider.
The Integrative Health and Wellbeing Program offers cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). In CBT, patients work with a therapist to identify negative patterns of thought about themselves or their environment. Together, they also develop rational behavioral responses to those beliefs.
Cognitive behavioral therapy has several benefits, including:
- Improved mood
- Enhanced self-awareness and mindfulness
- Improved self-regulation
- Enhanced communication skills
- Development of relaxation techniques
- Improved problem-solving skills
- Greater confidence and self-esteem
- Better health behaviors
Who Can Benefit from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Several psychological and behavioral health conditions can be treated effectively with CBT, including but not limited to:
- Eating Disorders
- Marital problems
- Chronic Pain
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
What to Expect During a CBT Session
Cognitive behavioral thera apy is brief, structured version of talk therapy. It typically involves weekly sessions that last between 45 minutes to an hour. The sessions occur for approximately 12 weeks.
During the first session, the therapist conducts a thorough assessment of the symptoms and works with the patient to develop specific, attainable goals for the therapy. As it progresses, the sessions will feature the following characteristics:
- Education about the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviors
- Assessment of functional and dysfunctional behaviors
- Empathic connection
- Safe, non-judgmental environment
- Collaborative relationship
- Exploration of present-day negative perceptions
- Didactic training in new skills
- Role-playing to practice learned skills
- Homework that helps apply new skills to everyday life
- Training in relaxation
Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our CBT sessions.