Pak H. Chung, M.D.
"Patients from every walk of life and corner of the world come to The Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine. Our long experience with diversity allows us to address much more than a couple's medical needs. We understand the backgrounds and beliefs that couples bring to infertility evaluation and treatment. This cultural knowledge combined with our superb success rates, cutting-edge technology and unmatched expertise makes CRM the ideal reproductive medicine clinic for patients from all over the world seeking to fulfill their dream of having a baby."
Specialties and Expertise
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Tubal Ligation Reversals
- Tubal Surgery
- Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques
- Male Infertility
- Reproductive Medicine
- Tubal Reversal
Dr. Pak H. Chung is an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine at the Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine (CRM) at Weill Cornell Medical College. He is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Born in Hong Kong, Dr. Chung completed a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in 1994 and a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at University of South Florida in 1996. He joined CRM immediately after fellowship training. Fluent in Chinese, he treats many Asian-American couples and those who travel from Asia for infertility treatment or surgery. His office has very helpful bilingual staff and patient literature.
Dr. Chung offers the full range of treatments in reproductive medicine. He specializes in in vitro fertilization (IVF), surgical treatment of reproductive disorders using laparoscopy and hysteroscopy and treatment of recurrent pregnancy loss.
He has lectured worldwide on various topics in reproductive medicine before medical and patient groups and has authored or co-authored many peer-reviewed articles in leading scientific medical journals. He supports infertility patient groups in the United States and Hong Kong.
Dr. Chung has been very involved in the Chinese American medical communities. He was President of the Chinese American Medical Society from 2005-2007, a national medical organization of over 1000 physicians of Chinese descent. He was a Director of the Federations of the Chinese Medical Societies. Currently he is a Board of Director of the Chinatown Health Clinic Foundation, the only non-profit medical facility delivering health care to the Chinese speaking population in the Greater New York area.
Dr. Chung sees patients at CRM's Manhattan office. Please call (646) 962-3838 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
You may also visit http://www.ivf.org, CRM's patient resource website, for more information.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Professor of Clinical Reproductive Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.B.,B.S., University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Medicine (China), 1986
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported