Paul Chung, M.D.
One of our jobs as pediatricians is to continually search for ways to improve how safely and effectively we deliver care to our patients. I am grateful to be in a position where my professional goals naturally align with optimizing the physical and emotional health of our patients and their families.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
Dr. Paul Chung received his M.D. from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and completed pediatrics residency training at San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium in 2005. He served as a pediatrician and officer in the U.S. Army until 2010 during which his roles included Officer-In-Charge of the Camp Humphreys Health Clinic, Chief of Newborn and Inpatient Services at Brian Allgood Army Community Hospital, and Program Director for the Pediatric Advanced Life Support course in Seoul, South Korea. He was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal at the rank of Major prior to his honorable discharge.
Dr. Chung was an Attending in pediatric hospital medicine at Maimonides Medical Center from 2010-2018. His roles included Associate Medical Director of the pediatric inpatient unit, Director of the Pediatric Simulation program and Site Director for the medical student pediatric clerkship. Faculty positions included Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and NYU School of Medicine.
Dr. Chung joined Weill Cornell in 2018 as Assistant Professor in Clinical Pediatrics and the site medical director of the Brooklyn Heights location.
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Northwestern University Medical School, 2002
- B.A., Northwestern University, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported