Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Blue Access
- Blue Connection
- Mediblue (Senior)
- Medicare Advantage
- Community Plan
About Neel Mehta, M.D.
Pain is one of the most common reasons people consult a physician, yet it is often inadequately treated. My goals are to optimize pain control, enhance functional ability as well as physical and psychological well-being, and quality of life. I focus on, but not limited to, musculoskeletal pain of the back, neck, and joints, neuropathic disorders, and cancer pain. My clinical interests lie in the minimally invasive procedures to treat musculoskeletal pain, including various types of injections, intrathecal pump therapy, spinal cord stimulation, and the MILD© Procedure (Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression) for spinal stenosis. I am currently an active participant in research regarding spinal cord stimulation, and have published numerous textbook chapters on cancer pain, back pain, and spinal cord stimulation.
Dr. Neel Mehta is both board-certified in anesthesia, and fellowship trained, board-certified in interventional pain medicine.
He holds several positions including:
- Division Chief, Pain Management at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, overseeing outpatient and inpatient services together with a large team of dedicated pain and regional anesthesia physicians
- Co-Director, Och Spine at NewYork-Presbyterian at the Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care
- Former Associate Program Director of the Tri-Institutional Interventional Pain Medicine Fellowship
- Associate Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
- Former President, Eastern Pain Association
- Dean's Healthcare Leadership Fellow
- Quality Assurance Officer for Pain Medicine
- Weill Cornell Physician Organization Operations and Planning Committee Member
- Weill Cornell Medical School, Course Director in Pain Medicine
Dr. Mehta has been named "Top Doctor" by Super Doctors New York 'Rising Stars', New York Magazine, and Castle Connolly.
His training includes:
- Fellowship in managing health care delivery, Harvard Business School, 2014
- Fellowship in interventional pain medicine in the Tri-Institutional Pain Fellowship at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Hospital for Special Surgery and Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in 2010.
- Anesthesia residency at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in 2009.
- Medicine internship at Caritas Carney Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts 2006
- Medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts, 2005.
- He is an active member of the American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA), American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA), the North American Neuromodulation Society, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP), Eastern Pain Society, and the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists (NYSSA). He resides on the Executive Board of the New York Society of Interventional Pain Physicians and the Eastern Pain Society.
- He has been featured in the New York Times, Prevention Magazine, NY One, ABC, and CBS News. He has published numerous book chapters, peer-reviewed articles, and poster presentations and is a frequent invited speaker and educator at pain conferences across the world.
2015 Dr. Mehta Super Doctors New York 'Rising Stars'-- an honor roll of the top New York doctors in more than 30 specialties who have been fully licensed for 10 years or less.
2015 Dean's Healthcare Leadership Fellow
2012 1st prize, Weill Cornell Anesthesiology Research Award
2011 Teacher of the Year, Tri-Institutional Pain Fellowship
2010 Teacher of the Year, Tri-Institutional Pain Fellowship
M.D.Tufts University School of Medicine2005
Associate Attending AnesthesiologistNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Associate Professor of Clinical AnesthesiologyWeill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
News & Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.