Locations and Appointments
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- High Risk Obstetrics
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) Consult
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist-in-Chief - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Given Foundation Professor in Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 1985
- B.A., Harvard University, 1981
A renowned obstetrician and maternal-fetal medicine specialist, Laura E. Riley, MD, has been appointed Obstetrician and Gynecologist-in-Chief at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Weill Cornell Medicine. In her new role, Dr. Riley will lead the state-of-the-art NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns when it opens in 2020. She will also oversee obstetrics and gynecology at NewYork-Presbyterian/ Weill Cornell, NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, and NewYorkPresbyterian Queens.
A highly accomplished physician-researcher and leader in women’s health, Dr. Riley will build upon the department’s reputation for clinical excellence while shepherding it into the next stage of innovation in women’s healthcare delivery. In addition to furthering clinical and outcomes research, she will strengthen education and training programs to nurture the next generation of obstetricians and gynecologists.
Dr. Riley joins NewYork-Presbyterian from Massachusetts General Hospital, where she served as Vice Chair of Obstetrics and Medical Director of Labor and Delivery. An internationally recognized expert on obstetrics infectious diseases, she has worked with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other agencies to develop practice guidelines for pregnancy care of women with Group B strep, Zika, Ebola, and influenza viruses.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- GHI - CBP
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care