Jai S. Perumal, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- * GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- M.B.,B.S., Stanley Medical College, Dr M.G.R Medical University (India), 1997
Honors and Awards
2007-2009- Sylvia Lawry Fellow of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Assistant Attending Neurologist
Jai S. Perumal, MD is Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology and Neuroscience at Weill Cornell Medical College and Attending Neurologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. She is also part of the clinical staff at the Judith Jaffe Multiple Sclerosis Center at NYPH/WC. Her board certification in Neurology consists of additional specialized training in demyelinating disorders including multiple sclerosis.
Dr. Perumal received her medical degree from Stanley Medical College in India. She completed her internship in internal medicine and residency in neurology at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. She was chief resident in neurology. She then completed her two year fellowship in clinical neuro-immunology including multiple sclerosis at Wayne State University. She is a recipient of the Sylvia Lawry Fellowship of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. She has presented at several neurology meetings and conferences and has published in peer reviewed journals.
Dr. Perumal's research interests include studying disease phenotypes in MS and MS variants including Devic's disease or neuromyelitis optica, central nervous system manifestations of other autoimmune diseases like SLE, sarcoidoisis and MS therapeutics and ethnic influences on disease characteristics.