Joanna L. Harp, M.D.
I feel privileged to work at an institution that allows me to care for patients both in an outpatient and inpatient hospital setting. Through my experience treating patients with complex dermatologic disorders, I understand the tremendous impact skin disease can have on physical and mental health. I strive to provide my patients, both in my outpatient practice and at New York Presbyterian Hospital, with compassionate and thoughtful care for their skin and entire body.
Dr. Harp graduated summa cum laude from Vanderbilt University and attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, where she graduated with high honors. She then moved to San Francisco where she completed her internship in internal medicine at California Pacific Medical Center. She trained in dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco, where she served as chief resident during her final year.
Dr. Harp's practice includes general dermatology and dermatologic surgery, with a specific clinical interest in complex medical dermatology and skin disorders related to internal disease. Her research interests include autoimmune dermatology, cutaneous vasculitis, and cutaneous drug reactions. In addition to her outpatient practice, she serves as Director of the dermatology consultation service at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- Dermatology, General
- Complex Medical Dermatology
- Skin Signs of Internal Disease
- Connective Tissue Disease
- Inpatient Dermatology Consultation
- Inpatient Consultation
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 2004
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, 2008