Specialties and Expertise
- ED (Erectile Dysfunction)
- Male Sexual Dysfunction
- Male Infertility
- Testicular Dysfunction
- Penile Implant
- No Scalpel Vasectomy
- Microsurgical Vasectomy Reversal
- Ejaculatory Disorder
For more information on Dr. Kashanian, including office contact information, please CLICK HERE.
Video Visits / Telemedicine Appointments
At Weill Cornell Medicine, Department of Urology, Center for Reproductive Medicine & Microsurgery, our top priority remains the care of our patients. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are emphasizing the use of Video Visits to provide a safe, effective, secure, and convenient way to provide patient care. Video Visits allows us to continue to fulfill our mission to provide best-in-class care for all of our patients.
New and existing patients will have direct access to Dr. Kashanian through a smartphone (preferred) or computer. Our patients will receive instructions to a unique, secure, and private link to access the Video Visit session once the appointment is scheduled.
Nearly all of our visits are being performed via Video Visit at this time. During the Video Visit with Dr. Kashanian, he will determine if an in-person office visit is needed.
Please call our office at (212) 746-5309 to schedule a private Video Visit today.
Click on the links below for more information and instructions on how to inititate your Video Visit.
James A Kashanian, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Urology and Reproductive Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and a Urologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell Campus.
Dr Kashanian has a bachelors of science in Biomedical Engineering and received his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. He completed his general surgery and Urology residency training at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. Dr Kashanian joins the Center for Male Reproductive Medicine and Microsurgery, as well as Sexual Health & Medicine in the Department of Urology at Weill Cornell after completing fellowship training in Chicago, IL at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Feinberg School of Medicine in Male reproductive medicine and surgery.
Dr. Kashanian is a member of the American Urological Association (AUA), the Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA), the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the American Society of Andrology (ASA), and the American Society for Men’s Health (ASMH).
His clinical and research interests focus on erectile dysfunction and penile prosthetic surgery, men’s health, and fertility preservation in cancer patients
Dr. Kashanian has published multiple peer reviewed journal articles, book chapters, and has given numerous invited lectures.
He specializes in seeing adolescent and adult males with infertility, low testosterone, and sexual dysfunction.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Urologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Urology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Reproductive Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, 2007
- B.S., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2002
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY