Locations and Appointments
- ED (Erectile Dysfunction)
- Male Sexual Dysfunction
- Male Infertility
- Testicular Dysfunction
- Penile Implant
- No Scalpel Vasectomy
- Microsurgical Vasectomy Reversal
- Ejaculatory Disorder
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Urologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Urology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Reproductive Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, 2007
- B.S., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2002
For more information on Dr. Kashanian, including office contact information, please CLICK HERE.
James A Kashanian, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Urology and Reproductive Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and a Urologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell Campus.
Dr Kashanian has a bachelors of science in Biomedical Engineering and received his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. He completed his general surgery and Urology residency training at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. Dr Kashanian joins the Center for Male Reproductive Medicine and Microsurgery, as well as Sexual Health & Medicine in the Department of Urology at Weill Cornell after completing fellowship training in Chicago, IL at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Feinberg School of Medicine in Male reproductive medicine and surgery.
Dr. Kashanian is a member of the American Urological Association (AUA), the Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA), the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the American Society of Andrology (ASA), and the American Society for Men’s Health (ASMH).
His clinical and research interests focus on erectile dysfunction and penile prosthetic surgery, men’s health, and fertility preservation in cancer patients
Dr. Kashanian has published multiple peer reviewed journal articles, book chapters, and has given numerous invited lectures.
He specializes in seeing adolescent and adult males with infertility, low testosterone, and sexual dysfunction.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO