Ghaith Abu-Zeinah, M.D.
I am a hematologist and oncologist by training and a physician-scientist specializing in myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs) and related blood disorders.
My primary goal is to provide my patients the best and most current therapy available to improve their quality of life and prevent disease complications. My long term goal is to identify and develop curative treatments for MPNs. In order to do so, I maintain a specialty ambulatory practice treating MPN patients and providing them access to promising clinical trials. After clinic, I conduct translational research in the lab that bridges scientific discoveries with clinical care. I work with a world-class team of physicians and scientists at the Richard T Silver MPN Center to achieve this common goal and believe patients are an integral part of this team.
Specialties and Expertise
- MPN (Myeloproliferative Neoplasm)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Essential Thrombocythemia
- Polycythemia Vera
Ghaith Abu-Zeinah, MD, is an instructor in Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Physician at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Abu-Zeinah earned his M.D. with academic distinction from the Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar in 2013. He completed his residency training in Internal Medicine (2016) and fellowship training in Hematology/Oncology (2019) at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City.
Dr. Abu-Zeinah is a Hematologist and Oncologist with a specialty practice in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPN). His laboratory and clinical research is focused on identifying and developing therapies that target the malignant stem cells in patients with MPN. He received several awards for his work and presented at national conferences including the International Congress on Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and the American Society of Hematology. He has joined the Richard T Silver MPN Center as a physician-scientist both treating patients and conducting research.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Hematology)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Medical Oncology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2013
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported