Locations and Appointments
- MPN (Myeloproliferative Neoplasm)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Essential Thrombocythemia
- Polycythemia Vera
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2013
I am a hematologist and oncologist by training and a physician-scientist specializing in myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs) and related blood disorders.
My primary goal is to provide my patients the best and most current therapy available to improve their quality of life and prevent disease complications. My long term goal is to identify and develop curative treatments for MPNs. In order to do so, I maintain a specialty ambulatory practice treating MPN patients and providing them access to promising clinical trials. After clinic, I conduct translational research in the lab that bridges scientific discoveries with clinical care. I work with a world-class team of physicians and scientists at the Richard T Silver MPN Center to achieve this common goal and believe patients are an integral part of this team.
Ghaith Abu-Zeinah, MD, is an instructor in Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Physician at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Abu-Zeinah earned his M.D. with academic distinction from the Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar in 2013. He completed his residency training in Internal Medicine (2016) and fellowship training in Hematology/Oncology (2019) at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine in New York City.
Dr. Abu-Zeinah is a Hematologist and Oncologist with a specialty practice in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPN). His laboratory and clinical research is focused on identifying and developing therapies that target the malignant stem cells in patients with MPN. He received several awards for his work and presented at national conferences including the International Congress on Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and the American Society of Hematology. He has joined the Richard T Silver MPN Center as a physician-scientist both treating patients and conducting research.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO