Locations and Appointments
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Obstetrics, High Risk
- Kidney Disease
- Fetal Hematologic Conditions Complicating Pregnancy
- Autoimmune Disease
- Cancer Complicating Pregnancy
- Perioperative Pain
- Multiple Gestations (Twins/Triplet)
- Twin Pregnancy Delivered Vaginally
- Cervical Insufficiency In Pregnancy, Antepartum
- Cervical Cerclage
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Fetal Abnormality In Pregnancy
- Fetal Anomaly
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Consult
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., C.M., McGill University Faculty of Medicine (Canada), 1992
"As a team of Ob/Gyn physicians, we all have a common goal: to provide the best possible outcomes and the best possible patient experience. We help each other, we like each other, we like what we're doing, and we like being here. It's a great atmosphere."
Dr. Georges Sylvestre is an expert in helping women who are at high risk for pregnancy complications to manage the journey from conception through childbirth. He finds it highly rewarding to help make the birth experience a positive and joyous one.
Born in France, Dr. Sylvestre spent most of his childhood and young adulthood in Montréal, Canada. He has been certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in MFM and Obstetrics and Gynecology and by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Dr. Sylvestre’s clinical interests revolve around medical complications of pregnancy, such as hypertension, diabetes and lupus, multifetal and IVF pregnancies. Dr. Sylvestre has held several clinical and leadership positions in the NYC area, and worked at Weill Cornell Medicine between 2004 and 2010. Dr. Sylvestre enjoys teaching medical students and residents and has won several teaching awards. Author of several peer-reviewed articles and a text book chapter, he is frequently invited as guest lecturer in the NYC area and abroad.
In his free time, Dr. Georges enjoys yoga, opera and traveling the world with young family. As a recent altruistic kidney donor, he stresses the importance of health optimization before and during pregnancy, during the postpartum period and well beyond.
A graduate of McGill University, in Montreal, Dr. Sylvestre received his M.D. from the McGill University Faculty of Medicine (1992). His post-doctoral training included a five-year residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency at McGill (1997), and a Fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, in New York City (2000).
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO