Erica Phillips, M.D.
I believe Maya Angelou said it best " If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." After practicing general medicine for a little over a decade, I became passionate about helping adults who desire a change in their life by losing weight. As part of the Weight Management Practice at Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associates, I specialize in helping people manage their weight by formulating meal plans tailored to their individual needs, exercise, behavior change, and medications. Unlocking the secrets to weight loss requires a partnership between a patient, their primary care provider, and a weight management specialist. My goal is not to replace a patient's primary care provider but to be a coach with a fresh pair of eyes, and expertise.
Specialties and Expertise
- Internal Medicine
Dr. Phillips is a graduate of the University of Virginia. She received her medical degree from Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1998 and completed her Internal Medicine Residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in 2001. Dr. Phillips received a Masters of Science in Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research in 2003 from Weill Cornell Medicine. Thereafter she joined the Division of General Internal Medicine where she conducts research focused on health inequities in racial and ethnic minorities. An integral part of her practice is bridging her clinical practice in weight management, with that of her research efforts in the behavioral management of obesity. Dr. Phillips was one of the founding physicians of the Weight Management Practice at Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associates. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Obesity Medicine.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Dr. Cecil Marquez Student Award of Excellence, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Malcolm X Scholar, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Obesity Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Jack Fishman Associate Professor of Cancer Prevention - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.S., Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, 2003
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported