I love to watch kids grow, and see the joy they bring their families as they become the people they are meant to be. There is nothing more precious than the good health of children, and I became a pediatrician to promote the well-being of every child I care for.
In the office, I take the time to talk through every question, big and small, that comes up as children develop. I believe that when families get their questions answered, they can make the best choices to help their kids truly thrive.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
- Newborn and Infant Care
- Vaccines and Immunizations
Dr. David Laufgraben is a Board Certified general pediatrician who is dedicated to providing warm, compassionate care for kids of every age, and to earning the trust of families he works with. His mission is to offer the guidance and support needed to keep children healthy, and to help families weather the ups and downs of childhood along the way.
Dr. Laufgraben grew up in Buffalo and went to college at Yale University. After graduating, he volunteered with Child Life Services at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, an experience that led to his focus on children’s health. He earned his medical degree at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons and completed pediatric training at Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital, where he was recognized with an excellence in primary care award and selected to be Chief Resident. After finishing residency, Dr.Laufgraben worked for New York City’s Office of School Health where he provided supervisory care for students at more than 30 schools. He is a committed advocate for children and is proud to be part of Weill Cornell’s pediatric team.
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2014
- B.A., Yale University, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical