Specialties and Expertise
- Neurology Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Apnea
Dr. Daniel Barone received his medical degree from New York Medical College in 2006 after graduating summa cum laude from Fordham University in 2001. He completed an internship in Internal Medicine at Saint Vincent's Catholic Medical Center in 2007 and a residency in Neurology at Beth Israel Medical Center in 2010. He then went on to complete a fellowship in Sleep Disorders at Stony Brook University Medical Center in 2011.
Dr. Barone is currently the Associate Medical Director of the Weill Cornell Center for Sleep Medicine and an Assistant Professor of Neurology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Attending Neurologist at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He specializes in the evaluation and management of patients with all forms of sleep disorders including sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome, insomnia, and narcolepsy. He is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Both Neurology and Sleep Medicine. He is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, and is a fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Barone is the first author of multiple peer-reviewed publications on a variety of topics in sleep medicine, and has appeared in several media pieces. His first book, “Let’s Talk About Sleep,” was published in January, 2018, by Rowman & Littlefield.
Barone DA and Henchcliffe C. Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder and the Link to Alpha-Synucleinopathies. Clin Neurophysiol. 2018 Aug;129(8):1551-1564. doi: 10.1016/j.clinph.2018.05.003. Epub 2018 May 29.
Barone DA, Ebben MR, DeGrazia M, Mortara D, Krieger AC. Heart Rate Variability in Restless Legs Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movements of Sleep. Sleep Sci. 2017 Apr-Jun;10(2):80-86. doi: 10.5935/1984-0063.20170015.
Barone DA, Ebben MR, Samie A, Mortara D, Krieger AC. Autonomic dysfunction in isolated rapid eye movement sleep without atonia. Clin Neurophysiol. 2014 Aug 21.
Barone, DA, Krieger, AC. Stroke and Obstructive Sleep Apnea: A Review. Current Atherosclerosis Reports. 2013 Jul;15(7):334.
- Sleep Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Neurologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York Medical College, 2006
- B.S., Fordham University, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare