Christine Salvatore, M.D.
My clinical interests include general pediatric infectious diseases, the evaluation and management of infections in immunocompromised hosts including transplant and chemotherapy recipients, pediatric HIV, and respiratory infections.
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Opportunistic Infection
- Respiratory Infection
- Infectious Disease In Immune Disorders
- Pediatric HIV
- Fungal Infection
- Pediatric Infections
- Bacterial Infection
- Pediatric Fungal Infections
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.S., Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, 2009
- M.D., University of Trieste, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (Italy), 1993
Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Attending Pediatrician
Dr. Christine M. Salvatore is an Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at Weill Cornell Medical Center. She received her M.D. in Italy at the University of Trieste Faculty of Medicine and Surgery and completed her pediatric residency in Italy at Burlo Garofolo Children`s Hospital in Trieste (Italy). After working in Italy as an attending pediatrician, she came to the United States where she completed additional pediatric training at Jacobi Medical Center in New York City, and a fellowship in pediatric infectious disease at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. She is board certified in both Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
Her interest in pediatric infectious diseases began in Italy, where she collaborated as Principal Site Investigator with the PENTA (Pediatric European Network for the Treatment of AIDS) and the Italian Register for HIV Infection in Children. Since then, Dr. Salvatore has been involved in several clinical trials, such as the effectiveness of antiretroviral drugs in HIV infected children, the role of antimicrobial lock therapy in clearing central venous catheter-related fungal and bacterial infections.
Clinical research is one of her main interests. While at UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, she also conducted basic research studying, in a murine model, treatment strategies for Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections and the role of IL-12 in the pathogenesis of Mycoplasma pneumoniae respiratory infections.
Demonstrating her longstanding commitment to medical education, she has given lectures to medical students, residents and medical staff on general pediatrics, pediatric infectious diseases, pediatric HIV and infectious complications in pediatric solid organ transplantation