You are here
Specialties & Expertise
- General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Blue Priority Network
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- * UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Instructor in Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Education & Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2000
- B.S., New York University, 1996
Dr. Zhanna Fridel is a Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist. She graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience from New York University. She received her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine in 2000. Dr. Fridel then completed her residency training at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York in 2004.
Dr. Fridel participated in research from 1996-2004 and published 2 papers.
“Functional Inactivation of the Lateral and Basal Nuclei of the Amygdala by Muscimol Infusion,” (Muller J., Corodimas K.P., Fridel Z., and Le Doux J.E, Behavioral Neuroscience, 111:683-691, 1997).
“Are Elevated Fetal Nucleated Red Blood Cell Counts an Indirect Reflection of Enhanced Erythropoietin Activity?” (Ferber, Fridel, Weissman-Brenner, Minior and Divon, American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, May 2004).
Dr. Fridel has been in private practice at Lenox Hill Hospital and worked as an Attending physician in faculty practice at St Vincent’s Hospital and New York Downtown Hospital prior to joining the faculty at Weill Cornell. She is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Dr. Fridel provides complete care in all aspects of general obstetrics and gynecology. She manages normal and high risk pregnancies, performs laparoscopic surgeries for benign gynecologic conditions, provides contraceptive and STD counseling and preventive care for women of all ages from puberty to menopause.
She believes in providing a warm, friendly, open and supportive office environment. Dr. Fridel is fluent in Russian and proficient in Spanish.