Y. Pierre Gobin, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Arterial Stenting
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Radiology, Neuro/Interventional
- Cerebral Vascular Disease
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Endovascular Disease
- Cerebral Aneurysm
- Vascular Disease
- Vascular Malformation
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Tumor Embolization
- AVM (Arteriovenous Malformation)
Y. Pierre Gobin, MD, is an internationally recognized expert in the field of interventional neuroradiology, with 20 years of experience in the treatment of vascular diseases of the brain, head and neck, and spine. A pioneer in endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms, Dr. Gobin has also developed and established minimally invasive surgical approaches to treat acute strokes.
Dr. Gobin completed his medical degree, internship and radiology residency at the University of Paris, France in 1988. He trained in interventional neuroradiology at Hospital Lariboisiere in Paris, where he performed the first GDC coil embolization in France, in a patient with a cerebral aneurysm.
Dr. Gobin was recruited by the Division of Interventional Neuroradiology of the University of California at Los Angeles in 1992, and was a member of the faculty there for nine years. While at UCLA, he participated in further clinical evaluation of GDC technology, which was invented at that institution.
In recent years, he conceived the Concentric Retriever, an endovascular device for cerebral embolectomy to treat acute stroke. He is also the endovascular member of the team that developed intra arterial chemotherapy for the treatment of retinoblastoma.
Since 2001, Dr. Gobin is professor of radiology in neurosurgery and neurology at the Weill Cornell Medical College and director of Interventional Neuroradiology at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Gobin is the author of more than 100 articles and reviews pertaining to interventional neuroradiology.
DR. GOBIN SEES PATIENTS AT: 520 East 70th Street (east of York Avenue) Starr Pavillion, Room 651 New York, NY 10065
Find out more about:
To learn more or to make an appointment, pleasse call 212-746-4998 or visit The Weill Cornell Brain and Spine Center at http://weillcornellbrainandspine.org/
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Professor of Radiology in Neurology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Radiology in Neurological Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Adjunct Professor of Radiology - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Professor of Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Paris Medical School (France), 1988
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.