You are here
Dr. Yelena Havryliuk practices at Weill Cornell Ob/Gyn's 68th Street offices. She specializes in gynecology and gynecologic surgery.
Specialties & Expertise
- Pap Smear
- Robotic Surgery
- Adnexal Mass
- Abnormal Pap Smear
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2004
- B.Sc., Stevens Institute of Technology, 2000
Dr. Yelena Havryliuk is a Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist. She received her medical degree at the University of Medicine and Dentistry – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and completed her residency training at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center. She initiated her career at New York University Langone Medical Center, where her career focus was on benign gynecological conditions and women’s health. In 2011 she returned to New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center to join the faculty as an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Havryliuk provides care in all aspects of gynecology and women’s health including the management of contraception, abnormal pap smears, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, hormone replacement therapy, as well as preventative care. In addition, Dr. Havryliuk has a special interest in the surgical management of fibroids and adnexal masses. When indicated, she strives to offer all of her patients minimally invasive therapy using robotically assisted surgery. Robotically assisted surgery provides the surgeon increased precision and control, allowing for the treatment of complex pathologies using small incisions. As compared to conventional surgery, it provides patients with less post-operative pain and enables a faster recovery.
Dr. Havryliuk has also fostered collaborations with other departments within the medical center in order to offer a multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach. This is particularly true with regards to the treatment of fibroids, where she performs complex hysteroscopic resections of fibroids following uterine fibroid embolization, performed by the department of Interventional Radiology.
Lastly, Dr. Havryliuk’s goal is to always establish an environment that is conducive to an open and clear dialogue with her patients. Her belief is that patients do better when they fully understand their condition and are empowered and confident through a thoughtful and well-informed decision making process.