Locations and Appointments
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Surgery, Head and Neck
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Parathyroid Disease
- Thyroid Surgery
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Attending Otolaryngologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Professor of Clinical Otolaryngology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Richard W. Zirinsky Jr., Professor of Head and Neck Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Michigan Medical School, 1983
Dr. Kuhel is a Professor of Clinical Otorhinolaryngology and Director of the Head and Neck Service in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
If you are scheduled to see Dr. Kuhel as a new patient, please print and complete the Patient Packet and bring it with you on the day of your appointment. Thank you.
Dr. Kuhel graduated from the University of Michigan Medical School. He trained in General Surgery at St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center in Manhattan for two years and completed his residency training in Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the Indiana University Center. This was followed by a fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Dr. Kuhel is an Associate Professor of Clinical Otorhinolaryngology and Director of the Head and Neck Service in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO