Specialties and Expertise
- Regional Anesthesia
Dr. Malhotra is nationally and internationally known for anesthesia for urological surgery, regional anesthesia, education in anesthesiology, operating room management, and patient safety. He has held leadership roles in institutional, national, and local societies, and was appointed to various leadership positions at this institution with which his association spans over 43 years.
He is currently the President of The Academy of Anesthesiology the membership of which includes present and past Presidents and Distinguished Service Recipients of the American, Canadian ,British and Irish Societies of Anesthesiologists. He has previously served as the President of the American Association of Clinical Directors, the General Chair and Scientific Chair of the Post Graduate Assembly of the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists and the President of the Weill Cornell Medical Center Alumni Council. He was formerly the President of the Section on Anesthesiology of the New York Academy and a Director of the Board of the Society for Education in Anesthesia.
He has also served the American Board of Anesthesiology as an Oral Board Examiner and as a Senior Editor to the Joint Council on Examinations of the American Board of Anesthesiology and the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
He has been appointed to significant official, administrative and committee assignments including being Chair of committees of The American Society of Anesthesiologists, Association of University Anesthesiologists, Council of Teaching Hospitals, The Academy of Anesthesiology and The World Federation of the Societies of Anesthesiologists.
He has published 49 journal publications, research and scientific papers, 118 book chapters and 2 books: a book on Anesthesia for Renal and Genitourinary Surgery, and a book on Problem Oriented Patient Management. He is a reviewer for British Journal of Anaesthesia, British Journal of Urology and Anesthesia and Analgesia.
He has been honored with awards and recognition by The American Board of Anesthesiology, The American Society of Anesthesiologists, The New York State Society of Anesthesiologists, The New York Academy of Medicine, The American Association of Clinical Directors, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian, The New York Weill Cornell Alumni Council and the Nursing Council of New York Presbyterian Hospital.
His invited lectureships include 220 international and national panels and 29 visiting professorships among others. His media appearances include national newspapers and national television by invitation.
- American Board of Anesthesiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Professor Emeritus of Clinical Anesthesiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.B.,B.S., University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University (India), 1974
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported