Vinod Malhotra, M.B., B.S.
This physician is nationally and internationally known for anesthesia for urological surgery, regional anesthesia, education in anesthesiology and operating room management. He has held leadership roles in institutional, national and local societies. He has been appointed to various leadership positions at this institution with which his association spans over 33 years.
He has recently served as the President of the American Association of Clinical Directors, the General Chair and Scientific Chair of the Post Graduate Assembly of the New York State Society of Anesthesiologists and the President of the Weill Cornell Medical Center Alumni Council. He was formerly the President of the Section on Anesthesiology of the New York Academy and a Director of the Board of the Society for Education in Anesthesia. He has also served the American Board of Anesthesiology as an oral board examiner and continues to participate as a senior editor to the Joint Council on examinations of the American Board of Anesthesiology and the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
He has been appointed to significant official,administrative and committee assignments of The American Society of Anesthesiologists,Association of University Anesthesiologists,Council of Teaching Hospitals and Academy of Anesthesiology.
He has published over 40 journal publications, research and scientific papers, over 80 book chapters and 2 books:a book on anesthesia for genitourinary surgery, and a book on Problem Oriented Patient Management. He is a reviewer for British Journal of Anaesthesia,British Journal of Urology and Anesthesia and Analgesia.
His invited lectureships include 130 international and national panels and 28 visiting professorships among others. His media appearances include newspapers and television by invitation.
- Regional Anesthesia
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.B.,B.S., University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi University (India), 1974
Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Professor of Anesthesiology in Clinical Urology
Weill Cornell Medical College