Theodora Kanellopoulos, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist who specializes in neuropsychological assessment of adults and older adults. Through the use of comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations, she diagnoses and treats individuals with suspected changes in cognitive or behavioral functioning. Dr. Kanellopoulos’ clinical work includes cognitive assessment of psychiatric disorders, memory impairment and dementia, mild cognitive impairment, stroke and cerebrovascular disease and other conditions affecting cerebral functioning.
Specialties and Expertise
- Psychiatric Disorder
- Memory Impairment
- Age-Related Cognitive Decline
- Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychological Assessment
Dr. Kanellopoulos obtained her doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology: Neuropsychology from the Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York. She completed her clinical internship in Clinical Neuropsychology at the North Shore University Hospital System within the departments of Psychiatry and Neurology. She obtained post-doctoral training at the Weill Cornell Medical College Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry. Her research interests include using structural and functional neuroimaging techniques and traditional neuropsychological methods to understand the role of cognitive and emotional cerebral networks in late life mood disorders.
Her office is located at New York Presbyterian Westchester Division.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Scholarship, Summer Research Institute in Geriatric Psychiatry, UCLA/NIMH, July 2014
Samuel W. Perry III, M.D. Distinguished Award in Psychiatric Medicine, 2014
International College of Geriatric Neuropsychopharmacology (ICGP) Junior Investigator Award, 2010
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Psychologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Psychology in Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- Ph.D., City University of New York, 2013
- M.A., Queens College, City University of New York, 2010
- B.S., Cornell University, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark