Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
- Cultural/Transcultural Issues
- Doctor-Patient Communication
Dr. Thanakorn Jirasevijinda is Associate Attending Pediatrician in the Division of General Academic Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College. He is board certified in Pediatrics. His professional interests include cultural competence, clinical skills training, and global health.
Dr. Thanakorn Jirasevijinda earned a B.A.S. in Studio Art (Painting) and Biological Sciences at Stanford University in 1990. He entered medical school at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, achieving his medical degree (M.D.) in 1996. He completed a pediatric internship at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, where he also completed his residency in pediatrics in 1999.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell, Dr. Jirasevijinda held academic positions at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, where he received a Leo M. Davidoff Society for Teaching award. He served as attending physician at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, where he was also Associate Residency Program Director and Clerkship Site Director. Dr. Jirasevijinda was also a Co-Program Director of a HRSA (Health Resource Services Administration) grant for residency training in cultural competence.
In addition to his work at NYPH/WCMC, Dr. Jirasevijinda serves as an associate editor for the online journal Health Equity and a member of the Editorial Board for the Journal of Communication in Healthcare.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Leo M. Davidoff Society for Teaching, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Inducted May 2005.
Excellence in Teaching Award, Pediatric Clerkship
Excellence in Teaching Award, Pediatric Sub-Internship
Senior List in Teaching Excellence
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Southern California School of Medicine, 1996
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY