You are here
- General Pediatrics
- Cultural/Transcultural Issues
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., University of Southern California School of Medicine, 1996
Honors and Awards
Leo M. Davidoff Society for Teaching, Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Inducted May 2005.
Associate Attending Pediatrician
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Thanakorn Jirasevijinda is Associate Attending Pediatrician in the Division of General Academic Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College. He is board certified in Pediatrics. His professional interests include cultural competence, clinical skills training, and global health.
Dr. Thanakorn Jirasevijinda earned a B.A.S. in Studio Art (Painting) and Biological Sciences at Stanford University in 1990. He entered medical school at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, achieving his medical degree (M.D.) in 1996. He completed a pediatric internship at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, where he also completed his residency in pediatrics in 1999.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell, Dr. Jirasevijinda held academic positions at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, where he received a Leo M. Davidoff Society for Teaching award. He served as attending physician at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, where he was also Associate Residency Program Director and Clerkship Site Director. Dr. Jirasevijinda was also a Co-Program Director of a HRSA (Health Resource Services Administration) grant for residency training in cultural competence.
In addition to his work at NYPH/WCMC, Dr. Jirasevijinda is a content developer and consultant for the Greater NY Hospital Association Greater NY Hospital Association Web-Based Cultural Competence Assessment Project and a member of the Editorial Board for the Journal of Communication in Healthcare.