For more information on Dr. McClure, including office contact information, please CLICK HERE.
Video Visits / Telemedicine Appointments
At Weill Cornell Medicine, Department of Urology, our top priority remains the care of our patients. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are emphasizing the use of Video Visits to provide a safe, effective, secure, and convenient way to provide care. Video Visits allows us to continue to fulfill our mission to provide best-in-class care for all of our patients.
New and existing patients will have direct access to Dr. McClure through a smartphone (preferred) or computer. Our patients will receive instructions to a unique, secure, and private link to access the Video Visit session once the appointment is scheduled.
Nearly all of our visits are being performed via Video Visit at this time. During the Video Visit with Dr. McClure, he will determine if an in-person office visit is needed.
Please call our office at (646) 962-9600 to schedule a private Video Visit today.
Click on the links below for more information and instructions on how to inititate your Video Visit.
"Dr.Mcclure is an excellent doctor, exceptional listener, very caring doctor who is very knowledgeable in his field. I am grateful for him!" - Olga K via Google on November 24, 2017
Specialties and Expertise
- Interventional Radiology
- Urologic Oncology
Dr. Timothy McClure joined Brady Urology as a full time faculty member during the summer of 2016, providing his expertise to both the Departments of Urology & Radiology. Dr. McClure is an expert in imaging, image-guided therapy, and the minimally invasive treatment of urologic disease. Dr. McClure brings a unique training background to the department as he is not only a urologist, but also a board-certified radiologist who is fellowship trained in vascular and interventional radiology. Dr. McClure is a member of two distinguished centers at Weill Cornell Medicine: The LeFrak Center of Robotic Surgery, as well as the Center for Prostate Cancer Imaging, Diagnosis and Focused Therapy.
Dr. McClure received his undergraduate and Medical Degree from the University of Washington in Seattle. He completed his residency in diagnostic radiology and a fellowship in vascular and interventional radiology at the University of California, Los Angeles. He trained at both UCLA and The Ohio State University for his urology residency. Dr. McClure also spent a year as a Focused Ultrasound Surgery Foundation Fellow where he played an integral role in the development of the Uterine Fibroid Treatment Program and the Prostate MR Imaging Program at UCLA. His research and clinical interests are to further develop imaging and image guided therapy in both prostate and kidney cancers. He has authored papers and book chapters as well as given numerous lectures on these topics.
Patient care is paramount to Dr. McClure. He strongly believes in collaborative and multidisciplinary care. His goal is to utilize his expansive training to provide every patient with individualized care that includes a wide range of treatment options including innovative and minimally invasive procedures. Dr. McClure emphasizes the use of cutting-edge, minimally invasive treatments for urologic disease, and is actively involved in pioneering the further development of these therapies. He is a clinical champion of image guided therapy having performed the first HIFU and MRgFUS ablation for prostate cancer at Weill Cornell Medicine.
As a recent west coast transplant, Dr. McClure enjoys exploring the city with his wife and two children. He is an outdoor enthusiast who enjoys swimming, running, biking and skiing.
If you would like to make an appointment with Dr. McClure, please call his office at (646) 962-9600.
- American Board of Radiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Urologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Urology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Urology in Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Washington School of Medicine, 2004
- B.S., University of Washington, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical