Specialties and Expertise
Dr. Suzanne Pastore is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She received her Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Rochester in 1991 and her Medical Doctorate from Albany Medical College in 1995. She completed her residency at Franklin Square Hospital, a John’s Hopkins affiliate, in 1999. During her residency she received awards for Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures, Top Senior Resident in Colposcopy, and Resident of the Year.
Dr. Pastore started practicing Obstetrics and Gynecology in Manhattan in 1999 in private practice. In 2002 she joined Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital as faculty where she helped teach students and resident doctors. In addition to her practice here in New York, she has done charitable medical missionary work in Jamaica with the Christian Medical and Dental Society, St. Lucia with Catholic Medical Missions, Nicaragua with the University of Texas at Galveston’s Family Practice Department and El Salvador with Helping Hands Medical Missions.
Dr. Pastore is currently practicing Gynecology, which includes well woman preventative exams, contraception, and family planning as well as management of gynecology conditions such as abnormal pap smears, abnormal uterine bleeding, and treatment of menopausal symptoms. She has a special interest in gynecologic ultrasound and is certified by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Albany Medical College of Union University, 1995
- B.A., University of Rochester, 1991
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass