Dr. Steven Ding Sheng is a board certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist who is dedicated to women’s health services. He is committed to providing a high standard of compassion and care for his patients.
Specialties and Expertise
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- General OB/GYN
Dr. Sheng was born in Beijing China, immigrated to the United States as a child and grew up on Long Island New York. After completing his primary education, Dr. Sheng went on to The George Washington University where he completed his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Philosophy while also obtaining a minor in Biological Sciences. After undergraduate, Dr. Sheng went on to serve in the New York Teaching Fellows program where he was an educator in New York City for two years. Dr. Sheng completed the Teaching Fellows program while earning his Masters in Education from Queens College. Dr. Sheng then went on to the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine where he completed his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Sheng then went on to complete his residency as a Chief Resident at The Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip New York.
Dr. Sheng is committed to providing compassionate and high quality care in both general obstetrics as well as high risk obstetrics. Dr. Sheng also provides a wide range of gynecological care including annual exams, preventative care visits, early screening, infertility counseling, sexually transmitted disease treatment and contraceptive management. His scope of practice also includes the management of cervical, vulvar, uterine, ovarian pathology, endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts, abnormal pap smears.
Dr. Sheng has admitting privileges and performs his deliveries at New York Presybterian - Lower Manhattan Hospital.
Dr. Sheng also performs surgeries, including minimally invasive procedures at New York Presbyterian - Lower Manhattan Hospital.
Dr. Sheng is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- D.O., New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2013
- M.S.Ed., Queens College, City University of New York, 2008
- B.A., George Washington University, 2006
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical