Specialties and Expertise
- Clinical Pathology
- Transfusion Medicine
Dr. Semple received a Bachelor of Science degree from Sophie Davis Schoolof Biomedical Sciences and a Doctor of Medicine from Albany Medical School. Sheis board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology. Her field of interest isTransfusion Medicine which she developed after her residency where she providedservices such as immunohematology, apheresis, and blood transfusions topatients in the Bronx community. She enjoyed working in the field ofTransfusion Medicine for four years as a resident and for six months as afellow at the New York Blood Center at Northshore University Hospital atNorthwell Health.
Her long-term goals include engaging in research efforts within theTransfusion Medicine field aimed specifically at improving morbidity andmortality associated with various disease conditions such as, sickle celldisease, improving efficiency during leukapheresis procedures, improving celltherapy collection and storage, with sickle cell disease being her main area ofinterest. She has had personal experience regarding the devastating effectsthis disease has had on many people of color.
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Albany Medical College of Union University, 2016
- B.S., Sophie Davis Center for Biomedical Education, 2014
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.