Sonal Subhash Mehta, M.D., is a graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. She completed her Internal Medicine residency at Boston University Medical Center and at New York University Medical Center. In 2008, Dr. Mehta joined the Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine after completing her fellowship training in Geriatric Medicine at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Currently, Dr. Mehta is Associate Program Director of the Geriatrics Fellowship and serves as the Managing Director of the Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation Service. She is particularly interested in managing symptoms related to chronic diseases, caring for older adults with dementia and other chronic conditions.
Dr. Sonal Mehta is an Assistant Professor of Medicine and an attending physician in the Department of Medicine/Division of Geriatrics at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Mehta completed her undergraduate studies at the University Of Pennsylvania in 1999, majoring in Anthropology and South Asia Regional Studies. She pursued her medical education at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and completed her residency in Internal Medicine at New York University Medical Center. She went on to pursue her Geriatrics Fellowship at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
After completion of the fellowship, Dr. Mehta remained within the Division of Geriatrics and assumed her present position at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Geriatric Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Hospice and Palliative Medicine)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2003
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported