Samuel Joseph Mann, M.D.
My specialty is Hypertension, with a focus on pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment. I also treat hypertension based on its cause which in many cases is attributable to genetics and lifestyle (diet, weight, exercise) and in others to emotional factors. Understanding the cause enables better approach to treatment of the individual patient.
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- * Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro (Effective 1/1/2016)]
- Oxford Health Plans [Core]
- * Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Charter]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 1972
Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
MD SUNY-Downstate Med School
Residency St. Luke's Hospital, NY
Fellowship in Hypertension Mt Sinai Hospital, NY
Areas of research interest:
Individualization of the drug treatment of hypertension, renovascular hypertension, mind-body link, particularly as related to repressed emotions.