Steven David Roth's, JD, MD interests include General Adult Psychiatry, Psychiatry and the Law, and Hospital Administration.
Specialties and Expertise
- Adult Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
Dr. Steven Roth directs the Division of Acute Treatment Services at the Westchester Division of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Payne Whitney Westchester, and is an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine. Prior to this, he was the Unit Chief of the Acute Inpatient Personality Disorders unit. He received his undergraduate degree from Columbia University and his medical degree from New York University. He competed residency training in General Psychiatry at the NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center and a research fellowship at the New York State Psychiatric Institute/Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he was the Van Ameringen Investigator in Schizophrenia.
Dr. Roth also holds a J.D. degree from Columbia, and practiced law in the areas of Health Care and Medical Malpractice Defense. He has served as a consultant to several courts, and evaluates police officer candidates for a number of municipalities in Westchester County.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Psychiatry)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 1981
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark