Susan Bostwick, M.D., M.B.A.
I am proud to be part of a team that continually strives to improve the care for children. Being in the academic environment at Weill Cornell provides me a career that is very diverse and challenging. My time is divided between teaching the next generation of pediatricians, care for children in the hospital and clinics, and developing and improving services for patients at our institution.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.B.A., University of Rochester, 1987
- M.B.A., University of Rochester, 1987
- M.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine, 1993
Honors and Awards
- 2011 Award of Recognition for Leadership on the "Student Resident Educational Connections" Workgroup of the Education Unit.
- 2011 Award of Recognition for Leadership on the "Identity Formation(Professionalism) Socially Responsive use of Technology" Workgroup of the Education Unit.
- 2007 Excellence in Teaching Award Weill Cornell Medical College-Pediatric Subinternship
- 2003 Senior List for Excellence in Teaching Weill Cornell Medical College
- 2001 Award for Teaching Excellence Weill Cornell Medical College
- 1999 Faculty Teaching Award from Pediatric Housestaff New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Center
- 1996 Award for Clinical Excellence The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center
- 1993 Medical Society of the State of New York Medical Student Award for Community Service
Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Susan Bostwick, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, is Executive Vice Chair for Education and Administration in the Department of Pediatrics and Chief of the Division of General Academic Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College. Prior she served as the Director of Pediatric Graduate Medical Education at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Campus for over 10 years (1999-2010, Associate Director 2010-2012) and Medical Director of Inpatient General Pediatrics for 7 years (1997-2003). In addition, she is the Physician Liaison to Information Technology at NYP/WC.
After earning a B.S. in Mathematics at the State University of New York at Binghamton, Dr. Bostwick attended the Simon School at University of Rochester, where she received her M.B.A in 1987. In 1993, she received her medical degree (M.D.) at the State University of New York at Stony Brook and completed her residency at New York Hospital, where she also served as Chief Resident. She received a Clinical Excellence award while a resident at New York Hospital
Dr. Bostwick is involved with teaching of medical students and pediatric residents in both the inpatient and outpatient settings, and chairs the Pediatric Education Committee. She has also received teaching awards as a faculty member from the pediatric residents as well as the Medical College. She is board-certified in Pediatrics and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. She is also a member of the Academic Pediatric Association (APA) and the Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD). She was recently elected as President Elect of the APA for 2016-2017 and President for 2017-2018 after serving as Workshop Chair and Board Member from 2012-2015. In addition, she was chosen to be an Inaugural Council Member of the APPD Program Director's School, Leadership in Educational Academic Development and has been the Chair of the Council from 2014-2016. She has participated in the development of national published curriculum from the American Academy of Pediatrics on Breast Feeding and Resilience in the Face of Grief and Loss and is currently participating in the development of the APA's Poverty Education Curriculum.