Sandra Huicochea Castellanos, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Molecular Imaging
Sandra Huicochea Castellanos, MD, is a radiologist specializing in Nuclear Medicine. She is Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-PresbyterianHospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Huicochea Castellanos completed her undergraduate medical school training at the Teresa Martin School of Cuautla Morelos in Mexico. She attended medical school in the National Autonomous University of Mexico.
Following a residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the Salvador Zubirán National Institute of Health Sciences and Nutrition in 2009, Dr. Huicochea Castellanos completed her fellowship in Breast Imaging. She became an Attending Physician for six years in Mexico City at the ABC Medical Center and later at the Salvador Zubirán National Institute of Health Sciences and Nutrition. She completed a fellowship in Oncologic Imaging, followed by a residency in Nuclear Medicine from 2016-2019 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY. She became board certified with the American Board of Nuclear Medicine in 2019.
After serving on the faculty of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center from 2019-2020, Dr. Huicochea Castellanos joined the faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine in August 2020. She now serves as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology, as a member of the Nuclear Medicine/Molecular Imaging Division.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Dr. Huicochea Castellanos is a member of several radiological societies, including:
• Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
• American Roentgen Ray Society
• Radiological Society of North America
• Radiological & Imaging Society of Mexico
• Association of Medical Doctors in the National Institute of Health Sciences and Nutrition Salvador Zubiran
- American Board of Nuclear Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Autonomous University of the State of Mexico Faculty of Medicine (Mexico), 2006
- B.A., Colegio Teresa Martin (Mexico), 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported