Samuel J. Boas, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College, and an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist on the inpatient service at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. As an inpatient psychiatrist, Dr. Boas supervises psychiatry trainees and provides acute care to adults suffering from mental illness. His academic focus is improving psychiatric education and the development of psychiatrists.
Specialties and Expertise
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Medication Management
- Personality Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Substance Use Disorder
- Alcoholism /Alcohol Abuse
Dr. Boas attended the University of Michigan where he studied psychology and completed his B.S. with honors and high distinction. He received his M.D from Weill Cornell Medical College where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and awarded the Diethelm Prize for excellence in psychiatry. Dr. Boas then went on to his internship and residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital and McLean Hospital Adult Psychiatry Residency Program where he served as the McLean Hospital Chief Resident. At MGH/McLean, he completed the Clinician Educator Program as well as the Program in Psychodynamics. Additionally, he pursued a Fellowship in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy through the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and trained in Mentalization-Based Treatment through the Borderline Personality Disorder Training Institute at McLean Hospital.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2015
- B.S., University of Michigan, 2010
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported