Specialties and Expertise
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Medication Management
- Personality Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Substance Use Disorder
- Alcoholism /Alcohol Abuse
Samuel J. Boas, M.D. is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College, and an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist on the inpatient service at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. As an inpatient psychiatrist, Dr. Boas supervises psychiatry trainees and provides acute care to adults suffering from mental illness. His academic focus is improving psychiatric education and the development of psychiatrists.
** Please note, Dr. Boas DOES NOT currently have an outpatient practice **
Dr. Boas attended the University of Michigan where he studied psychology and completed his B.S. with honors and high distinction. He received his M.D from Weill Cornell Medical College where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and awarded the Diethelm Prize for excellence in psychiatry. Dr. Boas then went on to his internship and residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital and McLean Hospital Adult Psychiatry Residency Program where he served as the McLean Hospital Chief Resident. At MGH/McLean, he completed the Clinician Educator Program as well as the Program in Psychodynamics. Additionally, he pursued a Fellowship in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy through the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and trained in Mentalization-Based Treatment through the Borderline Personality Disorder Training Institute at McLean Hospital.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2015
- B.S., University of Michigan, 2010
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.