Robert William Schloss, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Orthopedic Radiology
- MRI of the Foot and Ankle
- MRI of the Hand and Wrist
- MRI of the Knee
- MRI of the Shoulder
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Emergency Ultrasound
- Bone Scan
- X-Ray Imaging
- Extremity X-Ray
- PET Scan
- Positron Emission Tomography
- CT Scan of the Body
Dr. R. William Schloss is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College Campus. He is a member of the Division of Emergency and Musculoskeletal Radiology. Dr. Schloss performs a wide variety of exams including CT, MRI, Ultrasound, plain film and fluoroscopy.
Dr. Schloss earned his B.S., summa cum laude and with Distinction, from Duke University, Durham, NC in 1997 and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He was awarded his M.D. degree from Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA in 2001.
Dr. Schloss was an intern (2001-2002) at the Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA. This was followed by a year (2002-2003) of service to our nation when Dr. Schloss was a General Medical Officer in the United States Navy on the USS Ogden (LPD-5).
Dr. Schloss received his radiology residency training (2003-2007) in Diagnostic Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College-NYPH Department of Radiology. Dr. Schloss was elected Chief Resident in 2006-2007. He achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2007.
In 2007, Dr. Schloss was recruited to join the full-time faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College, Department of Radiology, Division of Emergency and Musculoskeletal Radiology where he has developed expertise in emergency radiology. In addition to clinical duties, Dr. Schloss is an active and engaged teacher of residents, fellows and medical students.
- American Board of Radiology (Diagnostic Radiology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported