Specialties and Expertise
- Radiology - Diagnostic
- Breast Imaging
- Body Imaging
- Abdominal Imaging
- Interventional Breast Imaging
- Maternal-Fetal Ultrasound
- Gynecologic Ultrasound
- Pelvic Ultrasound
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast Sonogram
- Dense Breasts
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Abnormal Mammogram
- Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
- Computerized Axial Tomography (CT)
- CT Scan of the Body
- CT Scan of the Abdomen
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- MRI of the Abdomen
- MRI Pelvis Female
- MRI Liver
- Breast MRI
- Image Guided Biopsies
- Breast Biopsy
- Mammo Guided Stereotactic Biopsy of Breast
- Stereotactic Breast Core Biopsy
- US Guided Needle Biopsy of Breast
- Ultrasound-Guided Breast Core Biopsy
- Ultrasound Guidance For Fine Needle Aspiration
- Fine Needle Aspiration
- Needle Localization of Breast
- Core Needle Biopsy of Breast
- MR Guided Breast Biopsy
Having completed a residency in both Obstetrics & Gynecology and Radiology, Weill Cornell offers Dr. Troiano the opportunity to practice and contribute his medical expertise in both fields. Combining both disciplines, he maintains an active schedule in all three areas of the Weill Cornell's academic medical center mission: clinical practice, teaching and research.
His clinical practice includes expertise in Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound, and cross-sectional abdominal and pelvic imaging notably MRI of the female pelvis. Dr. Troiano works closely with Weill Cornell's renowned Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility.
He has authored and co-authored many research papers published in peer-reviewed medical journals-his current research focus includes investigation of congenital uterine anomalies.
A member of both the American College of Radiology and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Troiano is a past winner of the Robin C. Watson Award for Excellence in Radiology Teaching, and a peer reviewer and editorial board member for several prestigious medical journals.
A graduate of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Dr. Troiano attended graduate school in Physiology at Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., before receiving his M.D. from New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY.
His post-doctoral training included an internship in Gynecology at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), and residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology at the Harvard University School of Medicine MGH/Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
Following two years of clinical practice in Obstetrics& Gynecology in Boston, he completed a second residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Lenox Hill Hospital, New York City.
After completing a Fellowship in Cross-Sectional Imaging at Yale University, New Haven, CT, he remained on the faculty of the Yale University School of Medicine for six years.
He has held academic appointments as a Clinical Fellow at the Harvard University School of Medicine, and as an Instructor and Assistant Professor at the Yale University School of Medicine.
He joined the faculty of Weill Medical College of Cornell University in 1998.
- American Board of Radiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York Medical College, 1982
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported