Richard Alan Friedman, M.D.
Richard A. Friedman, MD is Professor of Clinical Psychiatry and Director of the Psychopharmacology Clinic. He specializes in Anxiety and Mood Disorders and has expertise in Psycho-Pharmacology and Refractory Depression.
- Adult Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1982
- B.A., Duke University, 1978
Professor of Clinical Psychiatry
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Friedman is also actively involved in clinical research of Mood Disorders. In particular, he is involved in several ongoing randomized clinical trials of both approved and investigational drugs for the treatment of major Depression, Chronic depression, and Dysthymia.
Dr. Friedman is a contributing Op-Ed writer at the New York Times where he writes on mental health, addiction, human behavior, and neuroscience.