Roger Franklin Widmann, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Hip Dysplasia
- Limb Lengthening
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Hip Surgery
Dr. Widmann completed his medical degree at the Yale University School of Medicine in 1989, and his orthopaedic surgery residency at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program based at the Massachusetts General Hospital in 1994. He completed his pediatric orthopaedic surgery fellowship training at Children's Hospital in Boston in 1995.
He is the Director of Pediatric Orthopaedic Trauma at New York Hospital where he has been on staff since 1995. He is the Chief of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Service at Hospital for Special Surgery. Dr. Widmann is also the Co-Chief of the Limb-Lengthening Service at the Hospital for Special Surgery, and he is a member of the Scoliosis Service at the Hospital for Special Surgery.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Phi Beta Kappa, Yale College, 1985. Sigma Xi, 1985
Donjoy Prize for M.D. thesis, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yale School of Medicine, 1989. "Effects of Prefracture Irradiation on the Biomechanical Parameters of Fracture Healing."
Kilfoyle Award, for best resident/fellow paper at New England Orthopaedic Society, November, 1994. "Complications of closed treatment of distal radius fractures in children."
Louis A. Goldstein Award, for the best Clinical Poster presentation at the Scoliosis Research Society Annual Meeting, September 25, 1999. "Routine Preoperative MRI in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: A Prospective Study of 327 Patients."
AOA-JOA Traveling Fellowship Award to Japan from the American and Japanese Orthopaedic Associations, May-June 2002
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Professor of Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon - Hospital for Special Surgery
Education and Training
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 1989
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark