Women’s health is my passion. Being a generalist has afforded me the opportunity to provide care to women in every stage of their life. I strive to make patients feel supported, respected and safe during each aspect of their medical care. I value patient centered care and recognize how important it is to have trust and communication in obstetrics and gynecology. My goal is to prioritize these values while helping patients through life’s biggest transitions, whether those times are exciting or scary. I love what I do and feel privileged to work in this field.
Specialties and Expertise
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Well Female Exam With Routine Gynecological Exam
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
- Family Planning
Dr. Reena Parikh is an obstetrician and gynecologist who provides care to women in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. She specializes in a variety of obstetric and gynecologic areas, including comprehensive gynecologic care, gynecologic surgery, preventative care, prenatal care, management of labor and delivery, and contraceptive health services. She emphasizes evidence-based medicine and strives to provide competent and compassionate care.
Dr. Parikh was born and raised in central New Jersey and is excited to practice in the tristate area close to her family. She studied biology and psychology at Nova Southeastern University in South Florida. During college, she traveled to Graz, Austria to work with a surgical team where she was first introduced to the field of obstetrics and gynecology. It was then that she decided to pursue a career in women’s health. She went on to receive her medical degree from Drexel University’s College of Medicine. In medical school, she traveled to India to complete a rotation in global health. Witnessing health disparities abroad was one of the most rewarding times of Dr. Parikh’s medical career, as it largely influenced her desire to work with a diverse patient population. She then went on to complete her residency at Mount Sinai West where she was inspired by the multifaceted nature of practicing obstetrics and gynecology in New York City. She feels fortunate that this field allows her to treat women in various settings, from the office to the operating room, to the labor floor.
Outside of work, Dr. Parikh loves to run, watch and play sports, travel and spend time with family.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Drexel University College of Medicine, 2016
- B.S., Nova Southeastern University, 2012
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- * Affinity Access
- * Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- * Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- * Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- * Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- * WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported