Robert C. Abrams, M.D.
Robert C. Abrams, MD is board-certified in both General and Geriatric Psychiatry, but exclusively sees patients in their 60s or older.
Specialties and Expertise
- Adult Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
Dr. Robert Abrams, M.D., is a graduate of Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York and completed residency training in psychiatry at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He is currently Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College and attending psychiatrist in the Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine, with an outpatient and consulting practice in geriatric psychiatry at the Wright Center on Aging. He has published numerous research and review articles on depression and aging, personality disorders, suicide, elder abuse and the humanities.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Geriatric Psychiatry)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Psychiatry)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Professor of Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Psychiatry in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1976
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1972
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported