Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Locations and Appointments
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Obstetrics, High Risk
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Gestational Diabetes
- Diabetes In Pregnancy
- Hypertension In Pregnancy
- Lupus In Pregnancy
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Pregnancy Conceived Through In Vitro Fertilization
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- Chorionic Villus Sampling
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Tennessee College of Medicine, 1996
Dr. Robin Kalish is the Director of Clinical Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Weill Cornell's Ob/Gyn 68th Street offices. She specializes in high-risk obstetrics.
“Helping bring healthy babies into this world is a truly amazing experience.”
After completing her residency in obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Robin Kalish trained for an additional three years to become a Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist. Her expertise includes caring for women with medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and lupus as well women who conceived through in vitro fertilization (IVF) or have multifetal pregnancies. In addition, she specializes in obstetric ultrasound and prenatal diagnosis including amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling (CVS). While not all of Dr. Kalish's patients are high-risk, she considers every pregnancy unique.
Dr. Robin Kalish believes that educating her patients is an important part of her job. Pregnancy is a time when people are willing to make positive changes in their lives. They are more apt to exercise, change their diet, give up smoking, deal with stress, work on their relationships, and build up their support systems. Dr. Robin Kalish strives to help her patients choose healthier lifestyles and behaviors and have healthier pregnancies.
As a practitioner, faculty member and researcher, Dr. Kalish is one of the reasons Weill Cornell Medical Center is regarded as one of the foremost teaching hospitals in the world, leading not just in the advancement of patient care, but also in the development of future leaders of medicine.
Since joining Weill Cornell Medical College, Dr. Kalish has collaborated on more than 40 peer-reviewed medical journal research articles. Much of her research has focused on twin pregnancies. In addition, she is currently working on a study of treatment options for depression during and after pregnancy. She is also actively involved in training and supervising medical students and residents as well as fellows in Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
"Obstetrics is a rewarding field of medicine. I am privileged to have the opportunity to help my patients' dreams come true."
A graduate of Dartmouth College, Dr. Kalish received her M.D., from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Winthrop-University Hospital, in Mineola, NY and her fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College. She has held a faculty appointment at Weill Cornell Medical College since 2003. She is currently an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Director of Clinical Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans