Locations and Appointments
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nuclear Cardiology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.P.H., Harvard School of Public Health, 2009
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1999
- B.A., Whittier College, 1995
Quynh A. Truong, M.D., M.P.H., is a board-certified cardiologist specializing in cardiac imaging, with interest in cardiac computed tomography (CT) research in patients with ischemic heart disease and heart failure. She is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Truong attended the Whittier College in Whittier, California and was awarded her B.A. in Biochemistry, magna cum laude, in 1995. She earned her M.D. degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York in 1999. She was awarded a Masters in Public Health (M.P.H.) in Clinical Effectiveness from the Harvard School of Public Health in 2009.
After completing residency training in Internal Medicine (1999-2002) at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City, Dr. Truong was the recipient of the Glorney-Raisbeck Fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases of the New York Academy of Medicine and spent one year as Postdoctoral Research Fellow in The Breslow Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism at The Rockefeller University in New York City. Dr. Truong continued her training and completed a 3-year Fellowship (2006-2009) in Cardiology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Dr. Truong then joined Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and focused on Cardiac CT and Cardiac MRI as an NIH T-32 Clinical Research Fellow from 2006-2009.
After training, Dr. Truong was appointed to the medical staff of MGH as Clinical Assistant in Radiology from 2009-2014 and Assistant in Medicine, Division of Cardiology from 2010-2014. During this period she was also appointed to the faculty of Harvard Medical School as Instructor in Radiology (2008-2010); Instructor in Medicine (2010-2011); and Assistant Professor of Medicine (2011-2014). Dr. Truong started on the Weill Cornell Medical College faculty as Assistant Professor of Radiology in April 2014. Dr. Truong achieved Board Certification in Internal Medicine from the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in 2002; in Cardiovascular Disease in 2006 and in Nuclear Cardiology in 2007. She also has Board Certification in Cardiovascular Computed-Tomography (2009).
Dr. Truong’s clinical expertise is in cardiac imaging and preventive cardiology with special interest in cardiac CT. She was the Director of Education of the MGH Cardiovascular Imaging Core Lab and led the CT certification/educational process using a unique web-based CT case review program with cardiac catheterization correlation for two large NIH multi-center trials: ROMICAT II and PROMISE, which subsequently became a Harvard CME online course. She has taught multiple “hands-on” Cardiac CT courses nationally and internationally, including the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography CTA Academy.
At Weill Cornell Medical College, Dr. Truong is Co-Director of Cardiac CT and Director of Cardiac CT Research within the Dalio Institute of Cardiovascular Imaging (ICI) in the Department of Radiology. Her research interests include developing novel use of cardiac CT to improve the efficacy of invasive cardiac procedures, therapies, and use in combination with circulating biomarkers in patients with heart failure and ischemic heart disease. She is the Principal Investigator of a NIH K23 grant to examine the predictive value of cardiac CT and biomarkers in severe heart failure patients undergoing device therapy. She is a key co-investigator for NIH-funded ROMICAT I and II trials, which showed the clinical utility and cost-effectiveness of using cardiac CT for early triage of Emergency Room patients who present with acute chest pain and an intermediate likelihood of acute coronary syndrome. For the multicenter ROMICAT II trial, she served on the steering and publication committees as well as site co-PI. She was the site PI for two multicenter stable chest pain studies comparing cardiac CT to stress testing (RESCUE and PROMISE). She is now actively involved with the CCTA Core Lab for the NIH-funded ISCHEMIA trial.
Dr. Truong has published over 80 peer-reviewed manuscripts, review articles, and book chapters, including leading journals such as the New England Journal of Medicine and Circulation. She is active in national professional societies and is a reviewer for prestigious journals including Annals of Internal Medicine, Atherosclerosis, Circulation, and Journal of the American College of Cardiology. In addition to clinical and research activities, she will be teaching residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Truong is a member of the following professional societies:
- American College of Cardiology (ACC), Fellow
- American Heart Association (AHA), Member
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT), Member
- North American Society for Cardiovascular Imaging (NASCI), Member
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans