Locations and Appointments
- Contact Lenses
Education & Training
- O.D., State University of New York College of Optometry, 2017
- B.S., University of Pittsburgh, 2013
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Weill Cornell Medicine Ophthalmology. I am fortunate to work with world-renowned physicians and state-of-the-art technology to provide exemplary care and service to all patients. Your eye health is most important to me. My focus is to achieve best vision and ocular health possible through my education and experience. I offer a variety of services that include: comprehensive eye exams, contact lens fittings, medically necessary contact lenses, co-management of refractive and cataract surgeries, and dry eyes. Thank you for considering me to be part of your eye care team and look forward to meeting with you.
Pratik Patel, OD is an optometrist at Weill Cornell Medicine Ophthalmology. His practice interests include contact lenses and ocular disease.
After obtaining his undergraduate degree in Neuroscience from the University of Pittsburgh, he received his Doctorate in Optometry from the SUNY College of Optometry. During optometry school, Dr. Patel was member of the Beta Sigma Honors Society, Gold Key Honors Society, and was awarded Billie M. Lyons Memorial Award for distinguished service to the college community. Dr. Patel then completed a Contact Lens and Ocular Disease residency at The Ohio State University Havener Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology where he gained extensive training in fitting specialty contact lenses with an emphasis on scleral lenses for complex corneal and ocular surface diseases. In addition, he gained clinical experience in several ophthalmology sub-specialties such as anterior segment, glaucoma, retina, and neuro-ophthalmology. Dr. Patel has presented posters and spoken at several meetings and conferences.
Dr. Patel has been interested and dedicated to community service and volunteering during his time in college and optometry school. He was heavily involved with the Lions Club where he helped organized vision screenings in the local community. In addition, Dr. Patel participated in a service trip to Nicaragua with the Volunteer Optometric Service to Humanity (VOSH) organization providing free eye exams and glasses to underserved communities.
Dr. Patel is currently accepting new patients. He sees comprehensive eye exams, contact lens exams, refractive surgery co-management, cataract co-management, anterior segment pathology, and monitors glaucoma, diabetes, and macular degeneration. In addition, he specializes in complex contact lens fittings for various ocular conditions including: keratoconus, post-corneal transplant, severe dry eye, post-surgical corneal ectasia, corneal dystrophies, ocular surface disease, ocular trauma, irregular astigmatism, presbyopia, aphakia, and high refractive error.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan