Pinkal Desai, M.D.
- Internal Medicine
- MDS (Myelodysplastic Syndrome)
- Aplastic Anemia
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- AML (Acute Myelogenous Leukemia)
- ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia)
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasm
- MPN (Myeloproliferative Neoplasm)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.B.,B.S., BJ Medical College, Pune University (India), 2005
- M.P.H., University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2007
Honors and Awards
- 1998 Certificate of Merit for excellence in Chemistry and Biology - Awarded to top 0.1% of students nationwide in undergraduate exams.
- 1998-2004 Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship for Academic Excellence for being in top 5 in academic ranking in state level undergraduate exams
- 2012 American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) In-training Scholar Award for meritorious abstract presented at AACR/SABCS
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Physician
Pinkal Desai MD, MPH is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Physician at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
After obtaining her MBBS at Byramjeejeebhoy Medical College in India in 2005, Dr. Desai obtained an MPH at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Public Health. Following her residency at Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, she underwent fellowship training in Hematology-Medical Oncology at Providence Hospital Medical Center, serving as Chief Fellow from 2012-2013. Dr. Desai was recruited to serve in our Leukemia Program to develop a clinical practice devoted to leukemia, myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN). She will be developing clinical and translational research protocols and projects in the areas of leukemia, MDS and MPN.
Dr. Desai is published in Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers Prevention and International Journal of Molecular Epidemiology and Genetics. She is the lead author and co-author on numerous WHI (Women’s Health Initiative) paper proposals and has presented abstracts at national meetings. She is a member of American Society of Hematology (ASH) and American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and has served on the ASCO University Committee.