For more information on Dr. Samson, including office contact information, please CLICK HERE.
Patient Form for Upcoming Visits
Video Visits / Telemedicine Appointments
At Weill Cornell Medicine, Department of Urology, our top priority remains the care of our patients. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are emphasizing the use of Video Visits to provide a safe, effective, secure, and convenient way to provide care. Video Visits allows us to continue to fulfill our mission to provide best-in-class care for all of our patients.
New and existing patients will have direct access to Dr. Samson through a smartphone (preferred) or computer. Our patients will receive instructions to a unique, secure, and private link to access the Video Visit session once the appointment is scheduled.
Nearly all of our visits are being performed via Video Visit at this time. During the Video Visit with Dr. Samson, he will determine if an in-person office visit is needed.
Please call our office at (718) 230-7788 to schedule a private Video Visit today.
Click on the links below for more information and instructions on how to inititate your Video Visit.
Dr. Samson earned his medical degree at the State University of New York at Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. He completed his general surgery internship and urology residency at the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell in New Hyde Park, NY, and then went on to complete af ellowship in Endourology and Minimally Invasive Surgery at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA.
Dr. Samson's clinical and academic interests focus on optimizing strategies for prevention of kidney stone disease and developing innovative surgical techniques for treating complex kidney stones. His expertise also includes robotic/minimally invasive urologic surgery as well as management of urinary tract strictures, enlarged prostates, bladder cancer, and other male and female urologic conditions.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Urologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Urology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 2013
- B.S., University of California, San Diego, 2008
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported