You are here
The Center's certified dietician and nutritionist is an expert in providing education and counseling about healthy eating, preventive nutrition, and lifestyle choices.
In addition, the nutritionist participates as a key member of the Center's medical care team providing nutrition therapy and assistance with:
- Diabetes management
- Diet recommendations in kidney disease such as modified protein, sodium and potassium
- Dietary guidelines for heart disease, including restricting cholesterol, sodium and fat
- Nutritional concerns of patients with cancer
- Nutritional needs during periods of growth and development, such as pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence
- Weight control (including behavior modification)
The nutritionist sees patients who wish to follow a healthier lifestyle and improve their general well-being.
The Center's ongoing research in the field ensures that patients receive the most appropriate and effective new approaches to diet and nutrition.