The Center's certified dietician and nutritionist is an expert in providing education and counseling about healthy eating, preventive nutrition, and lifestyle choices.
In addition, the nutritionist participates as a key member of the Center's medical care team providing nutrition therapy and assistance with:
- Diabetes management
- Diet recommendations in kidney disease such as modified protein, sodium and potassium
- Dietary guidelines for heart disease, including restricting cholesterol, sodium and fat
- Nutritional concerns of patients with cancer
- Nutritional needs during periods of growth and development, such as pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence
- Weight control (including behavior modification)
The nutritionist sees patients who wish to follow a healthier lifestyle and improve their general well-being.
The Center's ongoing research in the field ensures that patients receive the most appropriate and effective new approaches to diet and nutrition.