Nasser Khaled Altorki, M.B., B.Ch.
"What we hope to do is assemble a world class medical and research team that can provide our patients with first rate medical care and bring them the most advanced treatments."
- Surgery, Thoracic
- Thoracic Surgery
- Thoracic Lung Cases
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Lung Surgery
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Minimal Access Surgery-GERD
- GERD-Laparoscopic Technique
- Esophageal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication
- GERD Surgery
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- M.B.,B.Ch., University of Cairo, Faculty of Medicine (Egypt), 1977
Honors and Awards
Honor Society, Cairo University 1977
American Cancer Society Award and Fellowship 1983-84
Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Weill Cornell Medical College
Gerald J. Ford-Wayne Isom Research Professor in Cardiothoracic Surgery
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Nasser Altorki is a Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery and the Director of the Division of Thoracic Surgery at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center. Following medical school in Cairo, Egypt, Dr. Altorki completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Chicago Hospital, where he subsequently completed a fellowship in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Altorki began his hospital and teaching appointments at the Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University.
Dr. Altorki is a renowned thoracic surgeon to students and colleagues who are particularly interested in esophageal and lung cancer surgery and research. His professional interests include: lung cancer immunotherapy and prevention; esophageal diseases, such as gastroesophageal reflux and the etiology of esophageal motor disorders; the biology, staging and therapy for esophageal carcinoma; new clinical trials in cancer; mediastinal tumors; thymomas and clincial trials in lung and esophageal cancer. His surgical interests focus on minimally invasive surgery for lung and esophageal diseases.
Dr. Altorki is a member of several medical societies that focus on thoracic and cardiac surgery, as well as cancer and gastro-esophageal research and disease prevention. He has published a number of journal articles, book chapters and manuscript reviews on these topics.