Specialties and Expertise
- General Pediatrics
Dr. Mia Svensson graduated from Tufts University where she performed her undergraduate work and received a BA in French. She attended medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center and completed her residency in Pediatrics at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell Medical Center. Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Svensson worked in a private Pediatrics practice in Manhattan.
Dr. Svensson is Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass