Matthew Shear, MD, MPH is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine, where he maintains a practice in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Dr. Shear specializes in the treatment of eating disorders, with an emphasis on family-based therapy. He provides individual and family therapy, as well as diagnostic evaluations and treatment with medication.
Specialties and Expertise
- Adult Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Eating Disorder
After completing training in general psychiatry at Montefiore Medical Center, Dr. Matthew Shear completed a fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Mount Sinai Medical Center, where he was Chief Fellow during his final year. Dr. Shear is board certified in both Adult Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Dr. Shear teaches Child and Adolescent Psychiatry to Weill Cornell Medical students, and supervises residents and fellows.
To schedule appointments: Call 646-962-2820
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Child & Adolescent Psychiatry)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2008
- M.P.H., George Washington University, 2007
- B.A., Williams College, 2002
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported