Meredith L. Turetz, M.D.
Being hospitalized for lung disease can be very frightening for patients and families and it is a privilege to care for them during a stressful time. I attended medical school and did all of my training here at Weill Cornell. After spending time abroad working with Doctors without Borders and several years at another institution, I was excited to have the opportunity to return to Weill Cornell. My main focus is on the care of acutely ill, hospitalized pulmonary patients at all levels: diagnosis and diagnostic procedures, treatment of pulmonary conditions, and palliation of respiratory symptoms. We have a team based approach, working very closely with our own intensive care unit, hospitalists, cardiologists, rheumatologists, and infectious disease specialists among others. My focus is on caring for our inpatients, but the wonderful camaraderie in our division makes for seamless transitions from inpatient to outpatient care.
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 1998
Honors and Awards
David E. Rogers Memorial Finalist, 2002
Zucker Fellow in International Medicine, 2001
Papanicoleau Teaching Fellow in Anatomy, 1997
Assistant Attending Physician
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Meredith Turetz is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Physician at the New York Presbyterian Hospital. She is certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine, and critical care medicine. Dr. Turetz completed her undergraduate studies at Cornell University and then obtained her medical education at Weill Cornell Medical College. She completed her residency in internal medicine at New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell in 2001, and remained as a fellow in pulmonary and critical care medicine, completing fellowship training in 2006. She has clinical experience in international medicine having worked abroad caring for patients with multidrug resistant tuberculosis. She has expertise in airway disorders having done clinical research on the genetic basis of COPD and spending several years caring for patients with lung disease due to exposure from the World Trade Center disaster and evaluating distal airway injury. Dr. Turetz returned to Weill Cornell in 2009 and has primary responsibility for the inpatient pulmonary consult service. She is also involved in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, with emphasis on in-patient management of pulmonary conditions.
Dr. Turetz is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians.