Meredith L. Turetz, M.D.
Pulmonary Disease Medicine
Being hospitalized for lung disease can be very frightening for patients and families and it is a privilege to care for them during a stressful time. My focus is on the care of acutely ill, hospitalized pulmonary patients at all levels.
Specialties and Expertise
- Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Embolism
Dr. Meredith Turetz is Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian. She is certified in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine, and critical care medicine.
Dr. Turetz earned her medical degree at Weill Cornell Medical College. She completed her residency in internal medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine in 2001, and remained as a fellow in pulmonary and critical care medicine, completing fellowship training in 2006.
She has clinical experience in international medicine having worked abroad with Doctors Without Borders caring for patients with multi-drug resistant tuberculosis. She has expertise in airway disorders having done clinical research on the genetic basis of COPD and spending several years caring for patients with lung disease due to exposure from the World Trade Center disaster and evaluating distal airway injury. Dr. Turetz returned to Weill Cornell in 2009 and has primary responsibility for the inpatient pulmonary consult service. She is also involved in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, with emphasis on in-patient management of pulmonary conditions.
Extremely caring and thorough. She asked me a lot of questions and made sure I expressed all my concerns. One of a kind doctor. This was my first visit. - Anonymous
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
David E. Rogers Memorial Finalist, 2002
Zucker Fellow in International Medicine, 2001
Papanicoleau Teaching Fellow in Anatomy, 1997
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Pulmonary Disease)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported