Locations and Appointments
- Molecular Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
- Molecular Genetic Pathology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Ph.D., University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 2004
- B.A., University of Rochester, 1995
Given my background in anatomic and clinical pathology (especially molecular pathology and hematopathology) as well as my training in biomedical research, my focus has been to integrate these different areas and apply them to the development and implementation of novel biomarkers.
Over the past several years, I have worked on many translational research projects in these areas including:
The role of sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor-1 (S1PR1) in classic Hodgkin lymphoma (CHL).
The role of MYC in diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL).
The role of activated NOTCH1 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and other malignancies.
In addition to the above oncology projects, I was also previously involved in a clinical trial directed by the TIMI Study Group (Brigham and Women's Hospital) in order to assess the significance of CYP2c19*2 status in the patient response to anti-coagulation therapy.
More recently, I was involved in the development of an amplification-based next generation sequencing test to assess known mutations in over 90 genes of clinical significance in myeloid and lymphoid diseases.
In the future, I look forward to continue to bridge molecular diagnostics, hematopathology and other areas in order to develop new tools that can be used in the diagnostic workup of clinical specimens and in translational research.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans