Specialties and Expertise
- General Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Psychology
- Anxiety Disorder
- Behavior Therapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy
- Eating Disorder
- Family Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Mood Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Melissa Klein, PhD is a clinical psychologist who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of eating disorders, obesity, women's issues, anxiety, and depression. She is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Psychologist at New York Presbyterian Westchester Division, where she has been working in the Eating Disorder Program since 1995.
Due to Dr. Klein's involvement in several multi-site treatment studies for anorexia and bulimia, she has had exceptional training by the leaders in the field, including, training to do CBT for bulimia from Christopher Fairburn, MD, from Oxford University. Dr. Klein also has had training in DBT and Family Systems. She has been working on the Eating Disorder Inpatient Unit since 1997 where she does both individual and group therapy. Dr. Klein has been treating individuals privately since 1998 in both NYC and Westchester and has become a highly respected clinician for both outpatient and inpatient populations.
Dr. Melissa Klein has been working at Weill Cornell Medicine since 1995 and has received specialized training in the treatment of eating disorders. She has gained valuable experiences working as a therapist for several outpatient treatment studies and being a psychologist on the Inpatient Eating Disorder Unit. In 1998, these experiences prompted me to begin treating individuals with eating disorders in a private practice setting.
Manhattan Office Hours:
Tuesday | 3:30pm - 9:30pm
Thursday | 2:30pm - 9:30pm
Westchester Office Hours:
Available Upon Request
To schedule appointments:
Call - (914) 997-5769 [or]
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Psychology in Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Psychologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Hofstra University, 1996
- M.A., Hofstra University, 1991
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark