You are here
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
- Diagnostic Radiology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2011
- B.S.E., University of Michigan, 2005
Michael Baad, MD is a radiologist specializing in Pediatric Radiology. He is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Baad graduated summa cum laude from the University of Michigan where he earned his B.S.E. in Biomedical Engineering in 2005. He then received his M.D. at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2011.
Following an internship in Preliminary Medicine at New York-Presbyterian Hospital Queens, Dr. Baad served as a resident in Diagnostic Radiology from 2012 to 2016 at the University of Chicago. He subsequently completed a fellowship in Pediatric Radiology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in 2017. Dr. Baad joined the faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine in August 2017 as Assistant Attending of Radiology.
Dr. Baad's clinical expertise is in pediatric imaging, where he interprets a wide variety of studies including radiographs, CT, ultrasound and MRI. He also performs pediatric fluoroscopic procedures including esophagrams, upper GIs, small bowel follow throughs, contrast enemas, intussusception reductions and voiding cystourethrograms.
Dr. Baad's research interests are focused on pediatric dose reduction and advancing modalities without ionizing radiation, such as pediatric body MRI and ultrasound. He also has expertise using contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) for a variety of clinical applications, including liver lesion characterization and contrast enhanced voiding urosonography (ceVUS). Dr. Baad has numerous peer reviewed publications and presentations at national meetings.
In addition to clinical and research interests, Dr. Baad is an active teacher of residents, fellows and medical students. He is a member of the American College of Radiology CPI expert panel in Pediatric Radiology. Dr. Baad is also a member of the Society for Pediatric Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, American Roentgen Ray Society, and the American College of Radiology.